Wednesday, October 31, 2007
At last a real entry way!
Well the busy beavers have been at it again, and they have now completed the steps to our front door! We seem to have kept a bit of momentum after my dad left, and there has been some great progress this week. Dale and Rina finished the stairs on the deck so we can now walk up and down to get in and out of the yurt. Quite novel since we have been using a step ladder for months.
I put up the heat shield for our stove today so we are close being able to have a full blown fire, though there are a few other things stove related to finish before we really heat things up. We have had a few small fires this week since they are quite helpful for dry out all the drywall mud I've been using.
The big news for me though is the finishing of taping! I still have finish coats to do, but it feels great to be done with that step. It's gone well up to this point, but I'm glad that I had some prior experience. I'm mostly hoping to not have to do much sanding, and so far it's looking good.
We've also seen some progress in getting electricity. They have installed all the poles, and run support cables as well as trimmed all the trees that needed it. With any luck they will be running the supply cables tomorrow, so we may see power tomorrow! No rain please!
I may not have mentioned this earlier, but we have been without our skidsteer for a couple of months. The starter conked out, and I have not had time to get it pulled out until now. I did manage to do that the other day as well which is good with colder weather coming. It is just sitting in front of the yurt, and I was not relishing working on it if the weather got any colder. It turns out there is a place not to far from here that rebuilds starters so hopefully that will be fixed soon as well. Things are coming along.